Monday, May 19, 2008

14 Tons of Spilled Oreo Cookies Snarl Ill. Traffic

So tragic, think of the work conditions (and gas prices) the truck driver is suffering because of AND think of the Oreos:

Police say a trailer loaded with 14 tons of double-stuffed Oreos has overturned, spilling the cookies still in their plastic sleeves into the median and roadway.

Illinois State Police Sgt. Brian Mahoney says the truck's driver was traveling from Chicago to Morris on Interstate 80 around 4 a.m. Monday when he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into the median.

"The boxes came out of the trailer and boxes were ripped open," he said.

The crash about 50 miles southwest of Chicago remains under investigation.

Mahoney says no charges have been filed but both lanes of traffic remain closed while authorities remove the cookies.

3 comments:

Ahmed Eid said...

Haha

14 tons of double-stuffed Oreos...thats awesome

sumaya said...

I wish I had been there. I would have helped clean up.

Oooh, what if a milk truck over-turned right next to it! Mmmm...

sumaya said...

I wish I had been there. I would have helped clean up.

Imagine if a milk truck got stuck right behind the oreo spill. Mmmm.