. . . as a responsible voter, you should at least attempt to hold him accountable.
Call the Obama Campaign: "Understand" [Apartheid]Israel's starvation
THE UN SAYS:
- Israel is allowing only 41% of Gaza's food requirements
- Israel grants only 1 in 7 patients access to urgent treatment outside Gaza
- Israel denies medication and hospital supplies to Gaza
- Israel is not allowing enough fuel to treat and pump clean water in Gaza
- Israel's cruelty has caused more than 70 deaths of untreated Gaza patients since June
BARACK OBAMA SAYS: "We have to understand why [apartheid] Israel is forced (sic) to do this"
PLEASE CALL THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN TO SAY YOU ARE OUTRAGED!
- Denying food to 1.5 million civilians is a crime! It is irresponsible for Obama to encourage it.
- Denying medicine to sick and dying people is a crime. It is NOT self defense.
- [Apartheid] Israel's actions are collective punishment. Why does Obama not condemn it?
- Denying food, medicine and other essential supplies does nothing to harm fighters or the Hamas government in Gaza. It only harms civilians, one half of whom are children. Does Obama consider them disposable?
Obama's callous defense of [apartheid] Israel's cruelty deserves your action. Presidential candidates are sensitive to criticism. Your calls have the potential to make Palestinian rights an issue. Now is the time!
Following is the text of Obama's letter to the U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Zalmay Khalilzad. A photocopy of the signed letter is at Jewish Standard.
Dear Ambassador Khalilzad,
I understand that today the U.N. Security Council met regarding the situation in Gaza, and that a resolution or statement could be forthcoming from the Council in short order.
I urge you to ensure that the Security Council issue no statement and pass no resolution on this matter that does not fully condemn the rocket assault Hamas has been conducting on civilians in Southern [apartheid] Israel for over two years.
All of us are concerned about the impact of closed border crossings on Palestinian families. However, we have to understand why [apartheid] Israel is forced to do this. Gaza is governed by Hamas, which is a terrorist organization sworn to Israel's destruction, and Israeli civilians are being bombarded by rockets on an almost daily basis. That is unacceptable and [apartheid] Israel has a right to respond while seeking to minimize any impact on civilians.
The Security Council should clearly and unequivocally condemn the rocket attacks against Israel, and should make clear that [apartheid] Israel has the right to defend itself against such actions. If it cannot bring itself to make these common sense points, I urge you to ensure that it does not speak at all.
United States Senator