Some of the fun rules I've learned about wedding invitations thus far:
- Hand addressed invitations are traditional and preferred over printed labels
- Better than saying 'no children,' one should say 'adult reception'
- Always put a postage stamp on your Response card or envelope so people can drop it straight in the mail
- If it is a religious ceremony, you ask for the 'honor' of their attendance. If it is not, you ask for the 'pleasure' of their attendance
- Do not mention gifts in your wedding invitation. Apparently this is the ultimate faux pas. As one site said, 'it is a wedding invitation, not a request for gifts.' So the Muslim trend of saying 'no boxed gifts' is apparently out
- Be careful about sending out 'save the date' cards, as you are obligated to send an invitation to whoever gets one of those
Additional information at: About.com Weddings
More wedding planning adventures to come...