Tuesday, June 16, 2009

FINALLY Made Brownies From SCRATCH!

I love baking brownies, but I'm strictly a brownie-box-mix girl. My one previous attempt at baking brownies from scratch, was a FAILED attempt at a diabetic friendly recipe. To avoid studying this afternoon, I tried something new and Alhamdulillah it was a success. Check it out:

Ingredients (I used half):

1 cup margarine or butter
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour or unbleached flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces (8 squares) semi-sweet chocolate (coarsely chopped) (I skipped this in lieu of the milk chocolate chips I already had at home. Next time, I'm trying the semi-sweet as it may have helped intensify the chocolateyness.)
1 cup pecans, chopped (I used baking walnuts instead as that was what I already had.)

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9-inch pan. In medium saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add sugar, vanilla and eggs; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour, cocoa and salt; mix well. Add chocolate and pecans. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool. Cut into 36 bars.

Source: Food Network

5 comments:

Um Sumayyah said...

woman! stop cooking and go study!!!

StudyHopper said...

and they were delicious! thank you zahra!
- naiema

Naadiya said...

LOL! I'm with Angie...and I shall stop reading your blog and go study as well. I miss you, Z.

MetaMuslim said...

wont believe it until i have tasted it

Sarah Al-Habib said...

Your status message, and another friend inspired me to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I had a bit of a challenge but they were good al Hamdulil Lah! Thanks for inspiring me, and uh... get back to studies? <3